2011/08/30

Birdcage and Birdbag

I'm back in not-so-sunny Austria and sitting around in a gloomy mood: Summer - my favorite time of year - is drawing to a close. Again. Isn't it tragic how that happens every year? Plus, quite a lot of stuff is waiting for me to get my rear in gear and DO something... *sigh* However, I'm fully intending to make the most of these last few days of freedom and I'm starting by showing you two purchases I made while being away.

I bought this lovely birdcage from the small antiquities shop featured in the Horsey Shoes Post. They had a few of them in different styles and colors, as well as paintings, jewelry, china and so on - most of these items somehow related (whether truly or not so truly) to the Austrian Emperor, main advertising character of the city Bad Ischl.



What do you think, is it too much to put this up somewhere inside my apartment? I could also find a place for the cage on my small balcony, but it'd be a pity - winter's coming and I won't be able to see it much. Hmm... I'll have to think about this one. My second purchase is - if possible - even more cheesy. It may be bordering on tacky, but I simply couldn't resist buying the bag... I mean, come on, how often do you see a handbag in form of a little red house? Yep, that's what I thought too ;)



I got it in the crowded, tourist-stuffed Italian village Lignano Sabbiadoro. Just like all of these southern boutiques, I doubt the one I got it from even had a website. However, if someone should be in the vicinity, check out the Viale Venezia - the local shopping street.  That's where I found the bag.

Be back soon!

Love,
Sophy

1 comment: