2011/09/27

How to Map the World

You could say I'm in the mood for pinboards these days... I just did another one! I always wanted a huge map of the world to mark the spots that I've already been to - I think it's a fun way of keeping track of journeys and they usually look pretty on walls. My only problem: I'm decorating my bedroom colony-style, meaning lots of dark wood, an escritoire, rich and earthy colors... which makes it completely impossible to put up a modern map with bright colors and a glossy surface.

So *tadaa* here we go: my solution!





I bought an ancient looking map (that isn't really up-to-date, but who cares) in Venice and a simple plate made of cork in the hardware store nearby. Nothing spectacular involved, I patched the map onto the board using simple glue and then went to hunt down a fitting frame. I found one looking a bit like worn leather and I'm kind of proud of the finished product. I can't wait to stick in some needles...


What do you think of it?

Love,
Sophy

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, it looks wonderful! <3 I love maps!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete