2011/11/02

Angels & Witchful Thinking

This year, Sophy and I celebrated Halloween at the apartment of two of her friends. There were supposed to be a few people celebrating the 'Day of the Dead' with us, but unfortunately a lot of them got sick and we ended up being only six people. Nevertheless, it was a fun evening which was mostly spent talking, watching funny old videos (especially funny for those who didn't star in them), and playing "Activity".

For me, finding a costume was not such an easy task, as I only went to one Halloween party so far where it wasn't required for the guests to wear costumes. Therefore, I went through my family's costume fund and ended up going to the party as what Sophy and I called 'The Impersonated Halloween Cliché', namely a witch, wearing a big magic hat with blinking stars on it, black and orange clothing and a few spider accessories - including a rather weird spider painted on my cheek.


 Sophy's disguise, in my opinion, was much more original, as she went to the party as a 'Fallen Angel'. She was wearing a white wig with corkscrew curls, an all-black costume and a very pretty black mask.


After getting ready, we went to the party together and were the first to arrive. The hosts themselves were wearing really cool outfits, too: One of them was dressed as an Irish leprechaun, as you can see in the picture below, and the other one was a devil, wearing a wig with really 'flashy' red hair. The other two guests, who arrived a little later, were dressed as Beauty and the Beast and also brought a few self-made snacks which were really impressive! They consisted of small sausages wrapped in noodles, making them look like mummies, as well as mummy and zombie bears.





Around 3 a.m., Sophy and I made our way back to her apartment. Even though we didn't see a lot of fellow costume wearers on our way to the party, a few more were out on the streets by then, giving us the feeling that there still were some people celebrating Halloween in Austria. After all, it is not such a popular holiday here as it is in other countries, but a few people still like to celebrate it and maybe the "trick or treat"-ing will also start to become more widespread again someday.


We hope you all enjoyed your All Hallow's Eve as well!

Love,
Hailey & Sophy

Notes:
  1. The spiders are brushes that I found on DeviantArt, made by ~ephedrina-stock.

1 comment:

  1. I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! ! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG BACK:

    seekthesleek.blogspot.com
    if you follow my blog:
    - I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
    - I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
    - I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
    AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR LATEST POST & LEAVE A COMMENT.
    LIST ME ON TWITTER , SO I WILL KNOW U'RE MY FOLLOWER
    -YOU CAN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK IF U WANT, I WILL ALWAYS CONFIRM MY FOLLOWERS

    (PLEASE TELL ME IF IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BLOG RECENTLY, BUT IF IT'S FIXED, I WILL FOLLOW U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)

    ReplyDelete