2011/11/15

Obsessed with ..... Cupcakes

Yes, it's true - I'm kind of obsessed with those little cakes! Not only are they tasty and sweet-looking in more ways than those related to munching on them, they also adorn jewellery, are used to decorate one's apartment (at least in my case), can hold stuff like lipgloss (very girly, I know) and simply look cute!








Last weekend Hailey and I decided to give it a try and make "Classic Vanilla Cupcakes" - the result was very sweet in flavour, but not bad at all. If you're interested in making a few of these lovely sweeties, I'm including the recipe below...







Classic Vanilla Cupcake 
~ 1 hour

 Mix: butter 225 g
          vanilla sugar (1 small spoon)
          sugar 450 g
          --> then add 4 eggs while stirring
 Mix: smooth flour 320 g
          baking powder (2 small spoons)
          milk 125 ml
Throw everything together and stirr, fill 2/3 of each cup (there should be enough for about 16 baking moulds) with dough, and bake for 20-25 minutes using surrounding heat (~ 175°C).

Icing: Mix 225 g butter, 350 g powdered sugar and 2 spoons of vanilla sugar together until they form a smooth cream (be aware that - if put in the fridge - the topping gets rather hard).

We only had 12 cups - so we used the rest to have a little fun:





Hope you find them tasty!
Love,
Sophy

4 comments:

  1. I think I had a sugar shock after those cupcakes. I was certainly very happy to have one before going to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the giant cupcake! My friends and I made red velvet ones but we didn't have enough pans so we ended up having 12 cupcakes and a cake! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I think it's even more fun if you have some dough left to experiment! :D Would love to see what your cupcakes looked like.

    ReplyDelete