2012/02/04

Traditional 'Dirndl' Fashion

The other day, my father gave me a small lookbook by the Austrian designer Lena Hoschek and I thought that some of you might be interested in taking a look at a few pieces from her collection, too.
A lot of her clothes are inspired by the dirndl, which is a traditional 'costume' often worn in Austria, for events such as the J├Ągerball or other gatherings where traditional clothing is welcome or even required.

I photographed some of my favorites for you. What I really like about the pictures is for one part the background which is different in every single photo, and of course also the dresses and dedication to detail. In one picture, the model is holding a small cup with a little printed flower on it, while another time she wears a hat with small green brooches shaped like hats.






My sister's favorite was the fourth dress, while I really liked the third one. And the last one was mainly included because I liked the cheerfulness of it ;)

Love, 
Hailey

Notes:
  1. All the pictures were taken from the lookbook.

1 comment: