2012/07/05

A Holiday Español, Part I

Recently, while Sophy spent her time strolling through the streets of Cannes, I went on a four-day journey to Valencia, accompanied by one of my sisters. I hadn’t heard much about the third-biggest city in Spain before, but while picking out the places I wanted to visit already learned that it has a lot to offer for a European visitor who is fond of architecture, vegetation and shopping.

To share some aspects of this wonderful city with you, I would like to start with the beach we visited on our first day. It was a long hike (approximately 40 minutes at a rough estimate), but we were rewarded when we finally reached it!



After all, Vienna doesn’t have a beach to offer, so for us, the Malvarrosa Beach provided the first opportunity to dip our feet in the water and feel soft grains of sand under them after this year’s rather long winter.

Shirt - Hofer (La Hong Collection)
Jeans - H&M


The photographers

On our way back, we came across a few impressive sand sculptures, which obviously serve as the main source of income for some of the artists. Apparently, they remodel them a little every day, changing bits and pieces while still maintaining the general appearance.




 Pictures by my sister and me

That was it for the first day! I hope you enjoyed the pictures, more will follow in another post :)

Love,
Hailey

PS: Please excuse my poor Spanish and feel free to tell me if I made a mistake in the title of this post ;)

4 comments:

  1. Those sand castles are amazing! Great photos :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute pictures, hope you had a good time <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks a lot! :)
      You should go to Valencia if you ever get the chance.

      Delete